Essential Job Functions:
- Read blueprints and Job Routings to determine part specifications and order requirements.
- Use gauges and other measuring instruments to make sure parts conform to specifications.
- Install collets, pushers, gears, cams, tool holders and any other tooling required to machine part per print specifications.
- Set all tooling as required.
- Verify conformance of first piece production, making sure all dimensions are in conformance with print specifications using proper measuring instruments.
- Tear down set-ups after job is complete.
- Sharpen/replace old tooling if required.
- Inspect parts to make sure they fit print requirements.
- Clean machine and work area daily. Keep area orderly. Floor around machine must be kept free of oil.
- Instruct/help co-workers.
- Follow all safety rules and procedures. Report any unsafe condition/action to a supervisor.
- Learn and practice preventative maintenance on machinery and tooling to protect from damage and loss. Report any condition requiring repair to the department supervisor.
- Comply with all company policies, instructions and directions to fulfill company objectives.
- Address all issues with a sense of urgency and responsiveness.
- Act in the company’s best interest at all times.
- Participate in relevant continuing education programs as identified or proposed by executive management.
- At least an 8th grade education.
- Previous experience or on-the-job training.
- Knowledge of screw machine operations and metal properties.
- Communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Mathematical skills:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Ability to use and read various measuring devices.
- Reasoning skills:
- Ability to define and solve problems.
You must be logged in to post a comment.